The $38 Billion “cut” is a painful slashing of the U.S. government budget say Democrats. It’s the best we can do say Republicans. Neither party has disclosed exactly what will be cut. Who, then, will bear this horrible pain?
The Obama democrats, while in control of the presidency and both houses of congress, have increased the deficit by over a
BillionOOPS! TRILLION Dollars, without even passing a budget. And the community organizer complains that his is the party of adults? Let’s face it, the majority of both parties in congress are a bunch of crybabies throwing tantrums. They ignore the really important questions while squabbling about trivia. The American people are not so stupid that they perpetually lied to and fooled by such behavior.
As a voter you should ask yourself these questions before the next election:
- Do I get any “valuable service” from government? If so, what specific service is it and am I getting my money’s worth?
- Do I believe that government spending stimulates the economy? If so, should the government get the money from taxes or borrowing or both. Are there any ultimate limits on the amount of borrowing or taxation?
- Does the Federal Government really run the country as is so often repeated, or do citizens run the country?
- Does the president run the country or does he run the bureaucracy? If he runs the country, should he?
- Should it be the government’s business to regulate moral behavior? If so, mine or someone else’s?
- To what extent should the government be the source of charity in this country and internationally?
- Does government regulation of your life improve your life? What regulations are these?
- Does government regulation of the lives of others improve your life? What regulations are these?
- Are members of congress and Washington bureaucrats all smarter than you are? If smarter, should they be allowed to control your life choices, pocketbook and preferences?
- Do you currently use government subsidized “investments” such as light rail, high speed rail, Amtrak, corn-ethanol, solar panels, windmills, etc. Do you anticipate future benefits from these subsidies?
- Do you think the government does anything economically or efficiently? If so what?
- If the government is competent to run health care, then why are Medicare and Medicaid bankrupt? What makes you think that they can do a better job with this than they do with Amtrak or the Post Office?
- GDP is defined as the entire economic production of the U.S. economy. At what level is government borrowing unwise, at 100% of GDP (where it is today), at twice GDP, at 6-8 times GDP where Obama’s party is steering it?
- Should American soldiers be committed to combat under the command of French generals, or any non-American commanders?
- Should American soldiers ever be committed to combat without a plan for them to win the struggle? Without any plan or goal at all?
- Is the U.S.A. a special country, or is it just one among many, nothing special?
- Should an American president bow in front of foreign kings? Should he apologize for America’s history of success? Should the president be a proud American patriot?
Perhaps by my phrasing of these questions I’ve stacked the deck in favor or my own point of view and preferences. But I dare any liberal democrat or RINO to answer these questions completely and honestly without then questioning his own political beliefs and loyalties.